- Address (Because of the sensitive nature of some of the settings worked in, please contact by telephone or email in the first instance), Glasgow, G51
- Web http://www.art-beat.info/
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0141 427 3907
- Type Rhythm
Art Beat, run by community musician Jane Bentley, specialises in delivering participative rhythm events with an emphasis on communicative, creative, and social development.
Art Beat works across three main areas:
- large scale rhythm events for conferences: 300 people, making music together, within 20 minutes? No problem! Instruments are provided, and the act of music making serves as a vibrant experiential metaphor for teamwork, diversity, creativity, and dealing with the unexpected.
- health settings. Art Beat has developed strong collaborations with Occupational Therapy services across a variety of mental health settings, from dementia care to secure forensic psychiatry, and is at present developing training resources to enable the broader use of music in this area. Jane Bentley was one of four musicians from the UK selected to participate in the EU Leonardo DaVinci project on 'Music in Health Settings', which took musicians into paediatric and geriatric hospital settings across four different countries.
- music education, particularly in the application of accessible music making for developing group social and communicative skills, and building confidence.