- Address 7 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BA
- Web http://www.merchantshouse.org.uk/
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0141 221 8272
- Genres hosted Classical
- Venue Capacity 100-150
- Title Hall
- Space Capacity 150
- Average audience number 50-100
- Professional or Amateur Performers Both
- Available for public hire? Yes
- Number of performances per annum 0-50
The Merchants House of Glasgow is one of the oldest and most important bodies in the City of Glasgow, established in 1605. Its current building is situated at the corner of George Square and West George Street. The main hall is used for a popular series of chamber music recitals, who take advantage of the Steinway piano that takes pride of place in this beautifully intimate room.
This series, arranged by Westbourne Music, attracts some of the UK’s brightest instrumental and vocal talent, and the often illuminating recitals have garnered a loyal following.